Dental Cleanings With Our 5-Star-Rated Old Greenwich, CT, Dentists
At Old Greenwich Dental Center in Old Greenwich, CT, your dental health is our top priority. To help maintain your healthiest and happiest smile, our Old Greenwich, CT, dentists recommend that each of our patients visit Old Greenwich Dental Center twice a year for regular dental exams and dental cleanings.
During your dental cleaning appointment, one of our registered dental hygienists or dentists will perform a professional dental prophylaxis (dental cleaning). This cleaning will remove calculus (tartar) and plaque from your teeth both above and below your gumline. Even the most stringent at-home brushing and flossing regimen cannot fully clean your teeth of all tartar and plaque, but the special dental instruments at Old Greenwich Dental Center can get rid of anything that’s stubbornly clinging to your smile. Your dental cleaning will end with a thorough teeth polishing, which can remove stains and any residual plaque that did not come off during the rest of the cleaning.
Once your teeth have been cleaned and polished, your Old Greenwich, CT, dentist will also perform a dental exam to ensure that you are going home free of any underlying dental concerns. This exam will address the following:
- Diagnostic x-rays. Dental x-rays are necessary for finding decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. For children, these x-rays are also used to diagnose developmental problems that can arise when new teeth are growing in.
- Screen for oral cancer. We will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Check for gum disease. The gums and bone around your teeth will be examined for any signs of periodontal (gum) disease.
- Check for tooth decay. We will test the surfaces of all your teeth to ensure that no decay or cavities are forming.
- Examine existing restorations. If you already have any fillings, crowns, or other dental restorations, your dentist will check each of these to confirm that they are still in strong shape.
Once one of our Old Greenwich, CT, dentists has given you a clean bill of dental health, don’t forget to continue your valuable at-home brushing and flossing regimen!
To schedule your FREE New Patient Old Greenwich Dental Consultation with Dr. Busch or Dr. Silva, call (203) 717-4544. To use our online appointment request form, click here. New patients can enjoy our Old Greenwich Dental Consultation, which includes a dental exam, x-rays, and treatment plan – all FREE! If you would also like to have a dental cleaning at that time, we offer a special rate of $97. We look forward to seeing you!